Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Hermitological Prologue

I am writing this introduction sitting in my room at the university, after a full day of classes. The main reason why this blog is entitled "Hermitologies" is that I really am rather a hermit. During the past few years I've become unsociable and quiet, and I've always tended to keep a distance from others my own age. But I'm not misanthropic; I like talking about all sorts of things and I'm interested in all sorts of subjects. So I hope to be able to use this blog to express my thoughts about books and music and history and politics, and maybe even my life inside and outside of the university. I can't promise not to be rambly and boring, especially to any casual reader, and I can't promise to be deep or instructive or amusing. But I will try to be honest and clear, and I will try not to wade in self-pity, as I've admittedly done a lot in my teenage years.

No comments: