Monday, May 21, 2007

May 21: A Schedule

1. I wake up.
2. Breakfast. We also discuss Mama's letter to the editor about a pro-military-presence-in-Afghanistan opinion article in the newspaper, and university.
3. Shower.
4. Story. I wrote until it began to be light again outside yesterday evening, and have decidedly gotten to the sentimental part of the story. The hero and heroine have parted for the present. But they will find their way together again after a year of trial, in which the heroine is adopted by the hero's aunt and develops into an unusually nice and un-ignorant specimen of the upper class. I don't know yet whether I will describe this year or just leave a hiatus in the story; that will probably be determined when I take up the pen again this evening. I wonder this morning whether the heroine should have a "face that Leonardo da Vinci would have liked to paint."
5. Article on The Lives of Others in the New York Review of Books; game of Freecell.
5. Grocery-shopping.
6. Lunch; the brothers and parents return home.
7. Playing badminton with J. in Kleistpark. We improve each time. (c:
8. Making the bed.
9. Playing the piano (Beethoven sonatas, Schumann's Kinderszenen).
9. Making and consuming dinner (fish sticks, iceberg lettuce with vinaigrette, and white asparagus; leftover ice cream for dessert).
10. Discussing school and university years with T.; reading online news articles (e.g. about the Cutty Sark; I thought it was touching that it made the top news story on Guardian Unlimited, but surely there are more important events going on)

Notes: It is hot and humid outside; to step out of the door is like entering a moderately hot, moist oven, and to step into the door is like entering a delightfully cool cellar. Today I'm in a cheerful mood, as I was for much of yesterday, and I don't feel like complaining any more. I also looked up "anachronistic" in Wikipedia; it turns out that an anachronism is more specifically called a "parachronism" if it belongs in a previous time, whereas it is called a "prochronism" if it belongs in a future time. I nearly felt my brain growing as I read about it. (c:

No comments: