Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Helping Hand From A Colleague

I've been feeling great self-pity due to work. Despite coming in a little more than half an hour early, I stayed an hour and a half late at work again today, and bemoaned the loss of exercise, fresh air, ballet classes and free time that I've felt obliged to give up these past two weeks because there is genuinely too much to do. That said, a colleague told me today that I always seemed so calm in stressful situations and how do I do it? (To be fair, she has been in another continent for the past months, and unable to glimpse my antics with her own eyes.) Undeserved as it is, this compliment cheered me up and made me determined to live up to it in future. Especially at home, where I've been a misery-guts and have regaled Mama and the siblings with long laments and the sight of an equally long face!

No comments: