Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Frater's Birthday

Today is Ge.'s birthday! We celebrated it by having a small feast of pretzel sticks, espresso chocolate, marzipan, and After Eights, followed by two chocolate-covered cakes baked by Papa and decorated by T. and me. There were also several phone calls for the birthday personage. My present was two marzipan piglets, which disappeared with a surprising rapidity.

Altogether it was a nice day, though overcast (I think), with a lovely pink sunset that I photographed with my recovered camera, and that Gi. also photographed with his digital camera. I didn't study, but played a lot of piano. The Chopin waltzes went particularly well, which was puzzling because elegance and confidence and a sense of rhythm is precisely what I tend to lack when I play. I also played two games of Age of Empires, at the hardest level of difficulty, both ending in defeat. When will I ever learn? (c:

No comments: