Thursday, November 01, 2012

A Happy End and Halloween

I finished my essay on Monday, in the evening, and since then have been taking it easy because I was quite exhausted. There are certain advantages to finishing these things before the start of the new semester, observed Papa, and I agree.

Yesterday evening we celebrated Halloween well. J. and Ge. dressed up, and I wore my Scottish tartan skirt which is more of a compromise than a costume; and five groups or so came by and were allowed to dip into the enormous bowls of candy which Ge. and J. had bought. (I had bought some too, but the licorice spirals and vitamin fruit gummies, for instance, were consumed last evening.) There was plenty left for us, which rounded out the experience.

Other than that, it's been quite cold and the really dark skies with thick clouds and a charcoal-grey colour at their bases have begun pulling through. The plane trees are still quite green, and so are a couple of the trees, even if they have lost most of their leafery.

Soon I will have a lecture on Persian literature, so this is a very brief blog post. (c:

No comments: