Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Fortuitous Morning

The only class I have today is a Macroeconomics tutorial at 9:00. To my great surprise, I woke up in time to go there. I think I'm adjusting to the change of the clocks for Daylight Savings Time.

I quickly ate a donut and drank a cup of hot chocolate so that my stomach wouldn't grumble during the class, then made my way to the tutorial.

I arrived perhaps seven minutes early. There was no one there. I took out my Macro textbook and began to read about exchange rates, actually absorbing some of the information. At about 9:00 the teaching assistant came. After a few minutes he asked me if I had any questions. "No, not really" -- because I hadn't looked at the chapter before the class, which I then wished I had. A few minutes afterward one other student came. Did she have any questions? "Not really." So the TA handed out the evaluation forms, waited a while, then left. We completed the evaluations, then followed suit.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been, but I was happy that the tutorial would not fully take place, and that I would have more time to do whatever I like. I went back to my residence cheerfully, read a little more about exchange rates on a wooden bench outside, then went in.

After that I decided to play the piano. Much to my surprise, I played better than usual; the pieces from the Well-Tempered Clavier, one and an eighth movements from Beethoven sonatas, and movements from Mozart sonatas went excellently. I was unusually relaxed and calm, and my hands were warm, so that's probably why it went well.

Now I should work on my Romanticism essay.

1 comment:

Gnomey said...

I hope your luck continues. :-) This is quite a change from 'A Day in the Pits'